The Key to Keeping Fuel Debt at Bay
This leaflet was developed by EAS to give information on practical help for people when they move into their new home. The project was sponsored by Scottish Gas.
Often moving into a new home – especially if it is your first home – is daunting and extra help is welcome. Finding out about your fuel supply, who provides it, what tariff you’re on, how the heating works can all be a challenge at an already busy time.
Aimed primarily at the tenants of social housing providers, this leaflet supplied information in a handy booklet on topics such as:
- understanding fuel bills
- how to read your gas/electricity meter(s)
- the best ways to pay for your energy
- how to save energy in your home (and reduce bills)
- extra help eg Priority Services Register
- sources of energy advice and money advice
Leaflets were distributed to tenants via selected housing associations.