Community Energy Action Awards
Community Energy Action Awards – Closed
What is the Community Energy Action Awards scheme?
The awards aim to acknowledge and highlight the significant contribution made to tackling fuel poverty by local communities and projects across Scotland.
Who is organising and supporting the scheme?
Energy Action Scotland is running the Community Energy Action Awards scheme with support from Scottish Gas.
Who can apply?
The awards scheme is open to not-for-profit organisations who work with communities in Scotland to reduce fuel poverty, improve energy efficiency and make homes more affordable to keep warm. This can include community groups, charities and other third sector organisations. Local authorities, health agencies and other public and statutory organisations can also apply. All projects/activities funded by the Community Energy Action Awards must be in Scotland and must be completed and monies spent by 31 March 2017.
What are the prizes?
Six awards of £1,500 are on offer to provide support and to help promote projects, allowing them to add value to existing activities. Please note that projects receiving awards will also receive one full delegate place at the EAS Annual Conference 3-4 November 2016 in Clydebank, including travel and accommodation (worth around £500).
What types of projects are likely to be successful?
It is expected that a variety of projects, activities and events relating to affordable energy and energy efficiency in the home will be successful in the Community Energy Action Awards. The application process is not meant to be onerous, but applications should clearly state intention to target vulnerable or at risk households along with the intended outcomes and benefits.
What is the decision process?
- The deadline for applications was 29 July 2016.
- Applications will be assessed by a panel which includes a representative independent of Energy Action Scotland and Scottish Gas and winners will be notified by the end of August 2016.
- On 3-4 November 2016 the EAS Annual Conference will be attended by a representative of each award recipient.
- By 31 March 2017 all activities funded by the award must be completed and award prize monies must be spent. Winners will be required to submit a short evaluation report on completion, detailing outcomes and best practice.
- Acceptance of an award includes agreement to participate in relevant publicity events.
For any queries regarding the scheme or an application, please contact Barbara Atterson, Development Manager, Energy Action Scotland on email@example.com or 0141 226 3064.