City & Guilds Energy Awareness (6281-01)
This course is aimed at those providing energy advice to clients and wishing to have a greater understanding of domestic energy efficiency.
Heating and Preventing Heat Loss:
- Use of heating and hot water systems
- Effective use of heating controls
- Heat loss from buildings
- Methods of home insulation
- Renewable energy in the home
Lifestyle and Housekeeping:
- Fuel poverty and health
- The causes and control of condensation and dampness
- The need for adequate ventilation
- "No cost" energy saving measures
- Health risks from the lack of affordable warmth
Finance and Budgeting:
- Understanding tariffs, meters and budgeting for fuel
- Comparative costs and system efficiencies
- Costs of running household appliances
- Payment methods for fuel
- Services from fuel suppliers and consumer bodies
- Grants and financial help available for energy efficiency improvements and fuel payments
The Course consists of three days training and up to 12 hours of home study.
Assessment is by a one day examination following the course. The examination consists of four parts: two written papers, a practical test and a simulation exercise.
Successful completion of the examination awards the City and Guilds Energy Awareness 6281-01 qualification. The 6281 qualification meets the knowledge requirements of specific units of NVQs, Provide Energy Efficiency Services (Level 3) and Unit 3 of the Home Energy Advice Award (Level 3).
EAS can deliver courses in-house or at a central location.
Course size is between six and eight candidates.
EAS Member: £400.00 + VAT*
Non-Member: £540.00 + VAT
Exam and Certification
Non-Profit Organisation: £234.00 + VAT
Profit-Making Organisation: £354.00 + VAT
For course dates please refer to Events .
For further information and to reserve places on a course, contact Rose Ann Porteous by email or on 0141 226 3064
*Note to Members: EAS membership entitles you to two discounted course places per membership year. (Does not apply to individual membership)